Futureproofing for sustainability is becoming a key requirement for residential projects and electricians need to be choosing products that meet the needs of homeowners, now and in the future. If you’ve been looking for a high-quality residential product with great board selection and lots of room to work with, you’ll want to get your hands on the new Resi9 consumer unit from Schneider Electric.
Resi9 comprises an expanded enclosure system, which now includes 18 module wide surface mounted units, along with newly added flush mounted enclosures. Included in the new launch is a full suite of protective devices: MCBs, RCBOs, RCCBs and SPDs. The Resi9 range is the first end-to-end offer from Schneider Electric available in the Irish market, and it is a key steppingstone to the rollout of Schneider’s full suite of connected products for homes. The launch further cements Schneider’s position in Ireland as a Green Premium eco label, echoing the company’s commitment to delivering customer-valued sustainable performance.
Surge protection embedded in one single device
Since February 2021, all new devices must be installed in compliance with the new standard, including fitting a Surge Protective Device (SPD). This component protects against electrical voltage spikes in alternating current circuits. A key feature of the Resi9 range is that it has combined protection, which means that surge protection is embedded within one single device instead of requiring two separate devices – making it smaller, more accessible, and quicker for electricians to install.
The new Resi9 range provides the following benefits:
– Unrivalled time saving: The DIN rails can be easily removed and re-installed without the need for tools. Resi9 also comes with 35% more space under the rails than the average unit available in the market, giving better access for the electrician to install and manage cables. The Earth and Neutral terminal blocks are quick-connect push-in connections, further reducing the time to install.
– Adapted to the regulations: Resi9 addresses the requirements laid out by the new Irish Standards with systems testing carried out on the products to IS EN 61439-3, ensuring optimal user safety.
Donal Cronin, electrician at Cronin Electrical said: “As you would expect from Schneider Electric, the build quality is really good. This is a high-quality product with greater board selection than was previously available. The Resi9 enclosure has noticeably more room compared to other units on the market which makes it very easy to work with.”
- Compliant with latest regulations I.S.10101
- System certified to IS61439-3
- SPD with embedded protection
- Faster install with tool-less DIN rail removal and quick connect PE+N terminals
- Green Premium certified
To learn more about Resi9, visit www.se.com/ie/resi9