Further to the very successful inaugural Towards NetZero Ireland Awards introduced last year, the panel of assessors has completed Phase 3 of the adjudication process and chosen the shortlist for this year’s awards.
The number of submissions for 2023 was considerably higher, with the calibre of projects submitted also exhibiting an increased net zero awareness. This made the deliberations of the judges that bit more time-consuming, not the mention more challenging in having to select one over another.
Towards Net Zero Awards 2023 Categories and Sponsors
– Design Practice Category – Sponsored by Forbo
– Housing Category – Sponsored by Soprema
– Retrofitted Buildings Category – Sponsored by Automatic Fire & Integrated Services Group
– Public Buildings Category – Sponsored by Reynaers
– Commercial Buildings Category – Sponsored by Soprema
– Net Zero Champion – Sponsored by Irish Construction News
Towards NetZero Ireland Awards 2023 Shortlist
It is obvious that architects, consulting engineers, contractors and their clients have bought in to the net-zero objective at both the commercial and residential level, and this augers well for Ireland’s overall net-zero targets.
The shortlisted finalists across five primary categories for the Towards NetZero Ireland Awards 2023 are:
– 1 Cumberland Place, Dublin 2: Meehan Green and Hibernia REG
– Premier Inn Hotel, Gloucester Street South, Dublin 2 – DTA Architects and Vision Contracting
– Cherrywood Sustainable Meeting Pods – MOLA Architects
– Bungalow retrofit – SustainABLE
– Millfield PassivHaus, Cork City – The Passivhaus Architecture Company
– Passive House on the Marina, Cork – Wain Morehead Architects
– Erne Campus, South West College, Enniskillen – Mullarkey Pedersen Architects
– Strength & Conditioning Squad Gym, UCC – O’Connell Mahon Architects
– The Rubrics Building, Trinity College – Pascall + Watson
– Central Plaza (formerly Central Bank building) – Henry J Lyons
– Beaufort Housing Development Dun Laoghaire – SSE Airtricity Energy Services and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
– DTA Architects
– Henry J Lyons
The winners will be chosen from the shortlisted finalists and will receive their awards at a luncheon presentation ceremony in the RDS on Friday, 10 November 2023.
All shortlisted finalists will be invited to the lunch for what will undoubtedly be yet another major celebration of Ireland’s leading net zero champions.