The last stage of the assessment process for the Towards NetZero Ireland Awards 2022 has now been completed, with 13 projects across six primary categories making it on to the final shortlist.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in the RDS Concert Hall on Friday, 18 November 2022.
The Towards NetZero Ireland Awards were devised to help drive the net-zero concept and to acknowledge and support those showing leadership in the net-zero arena during this transitionary stage.
The scale of the net-zero challenge is undeniably daunting, but the number and quality of the submissions entered for the awards demonstrate that the construction sector in Ireland is 100% committed to the net-zero objective. It also confirmed that all disciplines within the sector, be it architecture, building services engineering or construction, are fully aware of the role they each have to play and of the need for them to work together to achieve net zero status.
Industry sponsors of the awards are Ecological Building Systems, Forbo, Kingspan Panels, Reynaers Aluminium and Soprema, while media sponsors are Architecture Ireland, Irish Construction News and Building Services Engineering.
The shortlisted finalists are:
- ESB Offices, Commercial Block, BDP
- Gas Networks Ireland Services Centre, Denis Byrne Architects
- Wren Hotel, BDP
- Robert Bourke Architects
- Highfield Park, DTA Architects
- Kilbride Court, Coady Architects
- Jameson Heights, ClearyDoyle
- Tomás O’Leary, MosArt
- Jason Smith, Lawler Sustainability
- Tom Johnson House, Lawler Sustainability
- Donegal Town Garda Station, Rhatigan Architects
- The Willows, Peter Nickels Architects
- Dockline (New Century House refurb, IFSC), Axiseng.