Mick Flynn, Operations Director, Flynn, has been elected President of the Master Builders and Contractors Association (MBCA). He takes over the role from Rachel Clarke, Managing Director, MJ Clarke & Sons.
Accepting the post at the MBCA’s AGM, Mick Flynn thanked Rachel Clarke for her exceptional work throughout her term as President in what has been an extraordinarily challenging year for MBCA members.
Mick Flynn expressed his thanks to Paul Sheridan, Director, Main Contracting And Civil Engineering, CIF; Alison Irving, Executive, Main Contracting, CIF; and Denise Tuffy, Administrator, Tendering and Contracting, CIF, for their support and assistance to the MBCA Committee.
“I am delighted and honoured to be elected as President of the MBCA and will endeavour to use the year to work with all the stakeholders to address what we in the industry see as the key issues,” said Mick Flynn.
Ivan Webb Awards
The MBCA has also announced the recipients of its Ivan Webb Award scholarships. The recipients are:
- Construction Management Award (Full-time): Conor Owens, BSc Construction Management
- Construction Management Award (Part-time): Brenda McTigue, Bachelor of Technology (Ord) Construction Technology
- Quantity Surveying Award (Full-time): Aoife Morris, BSc in Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics.
- The part-time course was not run in 2020
- Construction Site Management Award: Oisín Murphy.
Master Builders and Contractors Association
The Master Builders and Contractors Association is the representative Association within the Construction Industry Federation (CIF) for firms involved in main and general building contracting. The Association promotes and represents members’ interests to Government Departments, public and private sector clients and the construction professionals. The Association particularly focuses on tendering and contractual issues where the promotion of best practice is to the fore.