International Workers’ Memorial Day 2018 falls on Saturday, 28 April. The Construction Industry Federation (CIF) in conjunction with Congress, IBEC and the Health & Safety Authority (HSA) seeks to commemorate those who have been killed or injured in work-related accidents.
In the past 10-years (from 2008 to end 2017), 501 persons were killed in work-related accidents, with 47 fatalities in 2017. Protection of own and co-worker’s health, safety and welfare should be to the forefront of everyone’s minds, and Workers’ Memorial Day represents an opportunity to consolidate focus on a subject of great consequence for all.
Please consider your/your Company’s active participation in Workers’ Memorial Day 2018 by getting involved:
• Use the Workers’ Memorial Day Ireland logo on your website, social media presence, presentations, email signatures, displays and in offices and workplaces; (Right-click image to download)
• Focused, in-house training sessions or Toolbox talks;
• Place focused content on your company’s website/social media/newsletter;
• Presentation(s) to your co-workers;
• Press release to your local/national media marking your event/the day.
For further information, contact John Egan of CIF [email protected] / 01-4066097