There’s always a better way – FM Ireland, 5 – 6 March 2019, RDS Dublin
Product – People – Practices
FM Ireland is a unique opportunity for all those involved in creating and maintaining retail, industrial, commercial, and Government buildings and facilities. It is where the facilities managers come together to network with peers, hear the latest in new ideas, best practice and see the latest products, services and solution providers that can be of direct assistance to their businesses.
Now more than ever, to ensure you are getting the maximum return from every euro and minute available to you, by putting all the products, people and knowledge needed in one place, FM Ireland offers the best possible return on your investment. So, if you only have the time and budget to attend one event this year, make it FM Ireland 2019.
FM Ireland 2018
In 2018, FM Ireland was attended by over 1,200 people, despite Ireland seeing its heaviest snow in 36 years, which forced the majority of organisations to shut down from Wednesday to Friday the previous week, making some parts of Ireland still impassable at the time. The tone of FM Ireland 2018 was best summed up by one of the exhibitors. Contico, who said, “we’re chuffed at what we got out of FM Ireland, we had some really solid enquiries and made contacts in organisations that we have been targeting for a number of years, which we would not have achieved if we were not at FM Ireland.”
And they were not the only company to express this thought.
The general response to the show floor was that it was quality over quantity, with the show losing out on around 400 visitors from last year.
FM Ireland worked with supporting associations/organisations to identify and deliver relevant content addressing the various aspects involved in FM, Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Security and Buildings Maintenance and operations.
Conference streams featured over 55 individual presentations, which were well attended with an average of 27 people at each, with “GDPR for FM” and “How can an Effective Workplace Strategy Support an Organisers Goals?” standing room only.
The networking reception at the end of Day One, which was open to visitors, speakers and exhibitors attracted between 80 to 100 attendees, was also a great success. With attendees stating that the opportunity to share a drink, enjoy some food, relax and discuss the day was welcomed.
One of the things that seemed to please exhibitors was a lack of time wasters, allowing them to spend more time with those that were looking for meaningful business conversations.
FM IRELAND 2019 Exhibition
The FM Ireland Exhibition is the biggest event of its kind. As a result, it attracts users and decision-makers at all levels from a huge range of industries. This year’s exhibition will include clearly-defined areas dedicated to Health & Safety, Fire Safety and other key sectors.
Confernce Programme for FM Ireland 2019
FM Stream Hosted by wifm & SCSI Day 1
- Creating Employee Centred and Effective Workplaces 10:00-10:15
- Creating a Modern Collaborative and Comfortable Work Environment: 10:15-10:30
- Meeting the needs of Staff: 10:30-10:45
- Emotional Intelligence and the Workplace: 10:45-11:00
- Well Being in the Work Place: 11:00-11:15
- Putting the Employee First: 11:15-11:30
- Hot Desking and the Employer: 11:30-11:45
- Lone/Remote Working: 11:45-12:30
- Panel Discussion
FM Stream Hosted By wifm & SCSI Day 2
- The Work Space & The Working Environment: 10:00-12:30
- How Industry 4.0 will affect Facilities
- Smart Building Technology
- AI and Robotics in the FM Sector – Cleaning/ Drones for Surveying – Drones & Robots
- Creating Carbon neutral workplaces- Are they Achievable
- Panel Discussion – The Work Space & The Working Environment
Health & Safety & Security Hosted By IOSH & the ISIA (Day 1) – 10:15 – 12:00
Chair Ruth Donohoe Chair – IOSH Ireland East Branch
- Managing Chemicals Safely 10:15-10:45 – Speaker Michelle McDermott Inspector – H.S.A.
- Managing Asbestos Safely 10:45-11:15 – Speaker Dr Paul Foran OHSS
- PPE and Handling Chemicals – RPE and Face Fit Testing 11:15-11:45
- Q & A 11:45-12:00
Other Sessions (Follow links to details)
Health & Safety & Data Protection – Hosted by IOSH Day 2
Fire Safety in Ireland – Hosted by the ASFP Day 1
Fire Safety in Ireland – Hosted by the IFE Day 2
Soap Box Theatre Day 1
Soap Box Theatre Day 2